Wahl Professional 8500 Senior Premium Salon Clipper
The Senior features their new electromagnetic v9000 motor, giving 50% more power than the v5000 model.
It manages to be both heavy-duty, with a strong resilient design, but also pretty sleek, small at 6.5” and light at 1 lb 3 oz. It also features a comfortable design, with easy grip. The side lever is a great feature for quickly changing to fades and tapers, saving time and work on your hair work. There are a few other great features worth mentioning:
– The unit comes with a #1005 blade, made for heavy duty cutting.
– The cord is chemical resilient, and extra long at 8 foot.
– Plenty of other useful accessories come included so you can get straight to work
– 3 cutting guides, from 1/16” to 3/16.
– One red blade guard for protection.
– Cleaning brush.
– User manual / Instructions (though it’s pretty simple to use right away).
Compatibility with hair types:
The powerful motor that this model boasts makes it more than up to the task of heavy duty cutting. Though this said the motor isn’t rotary, which is the usual motor type of choice for the professional models. However as far as the reviews make clear, the power behind the Senior is great, and you should rarely have any trouble with any particular hair type.